Collaboration with the CSA

Collaboration with the CSA  

By: Luigi Ceccaroni on Oct. 30, 2020, 9:08 a.m.

From Brandon Budnicki:
1. Would you like to have a meeting to discuss generating JSON for the PPSR core website? Last meeting, Sven brought up the desire to meet with me & the team who helped you build the existing ETL process. Im not sure who all has been involved with that.
2. Do you wish to present Sven’s slides at the next meeting / how much time should we allocate?
3. Sven and Luigi have both been added as users within the Citizen Science Association GitHub and I created a new project for you “ontology”.

Re: Collaboration with the CSA  

By: Luigi Ceccaroni on Nov. 5, 2020, 12:03 p.m.

From Greg:

Hi CSA data and metadata working group!
It is time for another meet-up.
We are planning a quarterly meeting to give each other updates on progress on a variety of our working group projects.
We will meet on Friday, November 13, 2020 at 8 pm Oxford time.
We recognize this is a bit short notice, but feel it is important to update the entire working group on our progress broadly. We also recognize we are very international and that this date and time will simply not work well for everyone. However, we feel we that it will be beneficial for us to have this quarterly meeting at this time this go around and we can discuss a shift for our next meeting to better accommodate other time zones. We apologize. We’ll record the meeting and share out as appropriate. We also just recently sent a calendar invitation with these same details.
Google document with meeting notes (previous) and agenda (this meeting):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VxqoNc9YoiXW9fVUuGCuh_VwSt37mqssSOiuhd58c/edit#

here is our invitation to our scheduled Zoom meeting for our CSA Data and Metadata working group.
Join Our Zoom Meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81571771370?pwd=RlE3UXQ1YlM2a3M4YTQ5ckk3bEM4Zz09
Meeting ID: 815 7177 1370
Passcode: 112367

By: Luigi Ceccaroni on Nov. 13, 2020, 5:39 a.m.

From Brandon:

Hello PPSR Team,
During today’s meeting we voted to publish the new PPSR Core website and it is now live. Great work everyone!
citizen-science-association.github.io/ppsr-core
Our next meeting will be December 3rd 1-2pm Oxford time, the same time and day of the week as usual.
Feel free to share the site but please avoid publishing the new URL in any articles until we get the domain core.citizenscience.org
Regards,

Brandon Budnicki

By: William Costello V on Sept. 16, 2021, 9:27 a.m.

Tl;dr Looking for interviews as part of an H2020 project working to improve collaboration between citizens and researchers on participatory/citizen science related projects in the field of Social Sciences and the Humanities (SSH).

My name's Bill and I'm currently working as a UX Researcher for an EU funded project called COESO (collaborative engagement on societal issues). We're working to develop a platform that aims to address issues like funding, recruiting participants and collaborating on projects. The platform would enable better co-creation and collaboration on participatory/citizen science projects between researchers and non-researchers alike, specifically in the field of Social Sciences and the Humanities (SSH)

I’m sorry if this isn’t the correct forum, but we're facing problems with recruiting non-researchers for interviews, and given the passion for citizen science apparent here, I wanted to extend an invitation to have a chat about your experiences and help improve the citizen science situation in Europe and around the world.

If any of you would be interested in helping out, or have any possible contacts (citizens, non-researchers who have worked on citizen/participatory science projects addressing societal issues), it would be greatly appreciated!

You can also reach me at wjcostellov@gmail.com

Find out more about the project here

Thanks in advance and all the best,

Bil

Last edited by: William Costello V on Sept. 16, 2021, 9:37 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
x
This website is using cookies. More info. That's Fine