Hello from the Dutch Mountains

Hello from the Dutch Mountains  

By: Norbert Schmidt on Feb. 18, 2021, 2:45 p.m.

Hello everyone. I'm Norbert and already since 2012 involved in citizen and crowdscience activities. I started with a project called 'VenusTransit'. I created an app for both Apple and Android to measure the distance between earth and the sun (1AU) using the transit of Venus. After that i got involved in iSPEX (an iPhone spectrometer to measure air pollution). And created the Dark Sky Meter app (an app to measure light pollution using the camera). Later i created databases and apps for sustainability (like seed improvement programs in Africa) and kind of spin offs.

My company (DDQ) is now based in Heerlen, in the Dutch hills (mountains is a joke of course) and dedicated to development of scientific software, apps but also outreach.

Currently we are working on EU H2020 projects (MONOCLE for water quality and COS4CLOUD) and a research initiative for biological clocks. I did a lot for citizen science promotion/community building (gave a TedX talk and hosting forums/communities). 

Thanks for reading and hope to meet you one time in real life!

Last edited by: Norbert Schmidt on Feb. 18, 2021, 2:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hello from the Dutch Mountains  

By: Matheus Dantas on Jan. 23, 2024, 6:18 p.m.

Hi Norbert, nice to meet you
x
This website is using cookies. More info. That's Fine