'

University of Tartu Natural History Museum and Botanical Garden

The University of Tartu Natural Museum is a museum that dates back to 1802. It is Estonia's oldest museum. The University of Tartu Botanical Garden was founded in 1803, on the edge of the city, on the site of the current Tiigi Street Park. We collect and preserve specimens of plants, fungi and animals, as well as rocks and fossils. In 2014, the University of Tartu Natural History Museum and the Botanical Garden were merged into a single institution.
The University's research has amassed 1.3 million specimens, of which the permanent exhibition "Earth. Life. Story", nearly 8,000 are on display.
Education and citizen science are core activities of museum and botanical garden.

Go to Organisation
x
This website is using cookies. More info. That's Fine